If you agree with the rating given by us on Facebook and want to correct the published material:
- Do not delete the rated post! Deleting a post will make it impossible to correct it and/or remove the restrictions imposed by Facebook.
- Correction should be done according to the type of published material:
1. Correcting photo/video content
- If you posted incorrect information in the form of a photo or a video post, clearly indicate the correction in the photo/video description on Facebook, and also clearly explain the changes made to the post so that readers can get accurate information about the given photo/video. In order to do this, you can attach additional links to the post about updated information, including a debunking article by the fact-checking organizations.
2. Correcting a text-only post
- If you spread the incorrect information as a text-only post, replace it with the correct information, and indicate in the beginning that the post has been updated. Also, clearly explain the changes made. You can attach additional links to the post on updated information, including a debunking article by the fact-checking organizations.
3. Correcting the article published on the website – to correct the content shared on Facebook, which was originally posted on your website, make the following changes:
- Indicate in the beginning of the content published on the website that the original version of the text contained incorrect information and clearly explain the changes and inaccuracies.
- Correct the title of the article published on the website so that incorrect information is no longer readable from it, and indicate in the title that the article has been corrected – using the word “corrected“.
- Clearly indicate the correction in the title/description posted on Facebook. Also, clearly explain the changes made in the post (article).
- After making the correction in the original version of the content, fill in the Myth Detector’s online application for the correction and inform us about the changes. We will review your correction and if it is precisely fulfilled, that is, it will inform the reader about the mistakes and correct facts, we will change the rating given to your content on the Facebook platform, of which you will be personally informed.
- You can also send a correction request to the following address: [email protected]. In the written request sent via email, indicate all the fields that are in the application form.